Monday, May 14, 2012

Better than coffee

The map above is my morning commute.  It doesn't look like much, but it it has been kicking my ass lately.  Getting up at 4 in the morning and riding 30 miles is tiring.  Riding home 30 miles (almost always into a headwind) after teaching is even more tiring.  But, at least I have been able to kick the coffee habit. With all the money I am saving on coffee and gas, I might buy myself a dirt bike.  Then the commute will get really interesting.  In reality, this all just in preparation for Colorado in July.  Raced yesterday at Catamount after a two hour warm up ride with about 1,800 of climbing.  As you might have guessed, the race didn't go so well.

At least my legs didn't feel like turd for the commute today.  But tomorrow might be a different story.


3 comments:

  1. Not Breck, the CTR. Have you done any racing in CO?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but a guy I'm coaching is doing the Breck 100.

    ReplyDelete