Monday, April 2, 2012

Sunday Surprise


Got out to ride this Sunday all by myself. Tried to set up rides with three different people but nothing panned out. So, I got on my bike and headed to a place I had never ridden before, and I was pleasantly surprised. There was everything I look for in a good ride: rocks, roots, hills, and fun downhill. It also gave me a new spot to go and camp that is close to home.












How did I happen on upon such an oasis, you ask? Well, it all started last summer. I packed up to ride my bike to NH to visit family, and since I was going to be out over night and on lots of sketchy back/forest/snowmobile trail roads my wife wanted me to wear my road ID. I don't usually because it isn't comfortable and it doesn't fit my fat little wrists right. Apparently, it fell off not 3 miles from my house. It was found by the gentleman who maintains the trails that I found. I stopped by his house to pick up the ID, and his wife not only invited me to ride the trails in their backyard, but also to the party they were having that night. I politely declined the dinner, but I couldn't pass up the chance to ride new trails. So, about eight months later, I decided it was time to explore.


The fun climb up.
















And the view from the top.

















There is a lot of potential up there, but I think that it is going to remain low key. That will keep all the riff-raff out.

2 comments: